If you want to be a web developer in 2024 but want to know which programming language is best for web development, you have come to the right place. Web development uses front- and back-end languages by programmers and developers to create a fully functional website or web application.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 25% growth rate for software developers, quality assurance analysts, and testers between 2022 and 2032. This is much faster than the 8 per cent average for all occupations.
For developers, staying on top of the most popular web app development languages and frameworks is crucial to remain competitive and productive. New tools are emerging daily, making it difficult to determine which are worth learning and applying to projects in 2024 and later. As we enter 2024, let’s look at the top five programming languages making waves in the world of web development. Embrace the pulse of innovation with app development NYC, where the city’s tech-savvy spirit converges with cutting-edge solutions for a digital landscape like no other
Top Programming Languages for Web Apps Development
With over 700 programming languages, you’re likely wondering which is the best to learn. Your choice will be based on your career goals, skill level, and which languages employers use in their organizations. To help you get started, here are the top five web app development languages to learn in 2024.
- It runs on nearly every platform, including mobile devices and servers.
- It provides event-driven programming using Node.js, ideal for head I/O processes.
- Offers a better and more enriched website interface.
- Regular updates are provided through the ECMA specification.
- Highly versatile, with data validation functionality.
- Easy to integrate and implement with other languages
- Contributes to the development of a diverse and broad range of applications.
- It does not permit multiple inheritance.
- Its execution may be exploited for malicious purposes.
- It does not include any alternate or equivalent methods.
- Different browsers might interpret the code differently.
Python is one of the most popular programming languages today, and it is simple for beginners to learn due to its readability. It is a flexible programming language used in various projects, including scientific computing, and data analysis and web development.
Features of Python
- Python’s unique selling point (USP) is its language design, which is elegant, productive, simple and powerful.
- It is one of the best back-end languages for web development and is compatible with programming languages such as C and C++.
- It can also quickly offload the CPU’s heavy tasks to C/C++ seamlessly.
- Python is scalable enough to handle large-scale web applications.
- It has a large community of developers and contributors.
- Focuses on the code’s readability.
- It is highly versatile.
Cons of Python
- It has a primitive database that is somewhat underdeveloped.
- It is not an ideal language for mobile computing.
Java is a top web development language. It is a versatile language that can be used for various projects, including developing mobile and web applications and desktops.
Features of Java
- Java is a multi-paradigm, feature-rich, interpreted, and powerful programming language with a moderate learning curve and high developer productivity.
- Java is crucial for business applications due to its backward compatibility.
Pros of Java
- It follows the stack allocation system.
- Allows a great deal of platform independence with the help of the JVM.
- Provides automatic garbage collection and memory allocation.
- Offers a galore of open-source libraries
Cons of Java
- Java’s built-in memory management system takes up more memory than other languages.
- It has a steep learning curve, particularly for beginners.
PHP is one of the best web app development languages. PHP is a dynamic, general-purpose programming language used to create server-side applications. It is maintained by an open-source platform that works with UNIX, Mac, and Windows operating systems.
Features of PHP
- It is widely used in the web industry for quickly developing and deploying applications.
- PHP is a highly productive programming language commonly used in web development.
- PHP is used to create one of the most well-known and popular social media applications like Facebook.
Pros of PHP
- Easy to use in developing web pages
- It offers plenty of frameworks
- Delivers a massive ecosystem and excellent community support.
- It has the Xdebug extension that provides great debugging.
Cons of PHP
- It lacks security and error-handling features.
- Building a web page using only PHP can be slower when compared to other languages.
Features of TypeScript
- TypeScript supports optional static typing.
- Classes, inheritance, and encapsulation are among the concepts that TypeScript supports.
Pros of TypeScript
- Typescript’s static typing reduces runtime errors and ensures safety.
- TypeScript’s tooling and static typing can help developers write code efficiently and quickly.
- It’s highly scalable and suitable for large-scale web applications.
Cons of TypeScript
- Limited support for third-party libraries.
- It has a moderately steep learning curve for developers new to static typing.
The world of web development in 2024 is vibrant and dynamic, with many programming languages providing developers diverse solutions. The project’s requirements determine the right language, the application’s goals and the development team’s expertise. Developers can ensure their skills remain relevant in this ever-evolving landscape by staying current on the latest trends and technologies.